- Download the appropriate tetheredboot binary for Windows or OS X from https://github.com/msftguy/syringe/downloads
- Update: OS X version does NOT need libUSB from MacPorts any more.
- Put the device in DFU mode
- Use the command line tetheredboot -i iBSS.CPUap.RELEASE.dfu -k kernelcache.release.CPU to boot, where CPU is k48 for iPad, n90 for iPhone4
- These files (iBSS and kernelcache) need to be extracted from custom ipsw you made using the bundle!
- Look here for bundles: https://sites.google.com/site/msftguy/file/
- Cydia does not work. Use apt-get instead. Or use this Cydia patch.
- Boot does not have to be tethered, but unless you use tethered boot, unsigned apps (including SSH) won't work.
- If you run space.sh script, either by fixing Cydia and letting it 'reorganize', or by NOT running the atvBundlePatcher.sh (see readme.rtf in the bundle zip), you will screw up Safari and some other apps when booting untethered.